Thursday, October 4, 2018

VSS vs vPC

Hey All,

I was reading some older posts on this topic, and it raised some additional questions that I was hoping I could get further insight on.

The general consensus was that the disadvantage for VSS is the single active supervisor for the control plane. People were mentioning this could get "locked up" which would basically eliminate all methods of redundancy. I am trying to understand this a bit more. I was under the impression that in SSO mode, if the active supervisor failed, the standby would take over in a VSS.

Does getting locked up specifically mean that the standby could potentially not detect anything wrong on the active supervisor? Am I understanding this correctly?

I know VSS had it's issues when it first came out, but these days I would think its pretty solid, even with ISSU. What are your thoughts on this?

Thanks,



No comments:

Post a Comment