Friday, October 19, 2018

virtual wifi adapter to control machine & surf web?

I have a sciencey machine that is operated from a windows laptop over an ethernet cable. In attempt to break this physical tether, I stuck an old router on the machine, and connected to the router's wifi from my laptop, then told the windows program to send the commands through the wifi adapter instead of ethernet. Somehow, against all odds, it actually worked. Don't ask me how, I'm sure you know better than me.

Anyway, now I would like to surf the web with my wifi adapter, and also send commands to the machine. I think I can do this by adding a USB wifi adapter to the laptop, but I was wondering if it was possible to do this from just the built-in wifi card. Let me know if I'm making any sense. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment