Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Mapping a route to server?

Hi guys, I am currently trying to map a route to a server. I am using early ccent level skills to find the route. I tracerouted to see the last hop before the server ip. Then I telneted to router and and looked at arp table to get the Mac addess. Also for some reason I have trouble using the pipe or tab to help me filter my sh commands it just tabs like a reg tab. Third I used cdp and sh run to check what he router is connected to and started going to from there. Also I am running into things like this, when I get one of the switches the Mac tables tells me the server is on a PO1 ports, so I checked and ya a port channel, which I researched what t is and does and checked the port summary and saw the interfaces. Next I arrived at another switch and found the Mac I’m looking for in the Mac table but the int is shows me is listed several times int tengi 9/1/1. Servers macs on he same int to me means similar to port or EtherChannel aggregation. After that I’m stuck as to where to go next. Any advise on what I can use to help me map this route. I know how to read cdp outputs ect. I don’t have a network mentor or anyone, I’m self thought and testing for ccent soon. Thank you in advance.



No comments:

Post a Comment