Saturday, October 6, 2018

How can I transfer data from one or several sensors connected to an Ethernet switch using DNSMasq rather than connecting directly to a computer?

Hopefully this is the right sub for this question as it deals with my work and will directly impact the design of our network. This sensor is normally plugged directly into the Ethernet port of a computer to transfer data. Here is a screenshot of the instructions that were included.

Usually I start DNSMasq and get the IP address of the sensor. So far I have attached 1 sensor to the port of my unmanaged Ethernet switch while the computer was attached to a different one. I took the address that was assigned to the PC and made it static. I then followed the instructions and made the dhcp-range variable reflect the range of the IP I was using (if that makes sense). After running the program I am not getting data.

I think my issue is that the IP I am grabbing is for eno1 which is the Ethernet NIC on my PC when what I really need is the IP of the sensor but I am not sure how I could find that.



No comments:

Post a Comment