Friday, October 19, 2018

EnGenius ENS202 & Cloud management

Morning gents.

Preface : I'm a corporate network engineer. We're a Cisco shop - my familiarity with other platforms is passing at best. I've been voluntold by one of my bosses to help out with a new facility being set up by one of non-profits we occasionally partner with. They apparently got a donation of EnGenius hardware, so I don't get to make recommendations, just work with it. So, this is going to be a fairly basic question for anyone who may have messed with this equipment before:

EnGenius ENS202 access point brochure mentions creating an account with "Cloud Captive" provider. Does that means these are in reality lightweight APs with cloud controller/management, or can they be set up as fully standalone solution, without absolute need for the cloud soution?

Thanks in advance!



No comments:

Post a Comment