Thursday, September 6, 2018

WOW internet and cable, Cleveland Ohio

I have a love hate relationship with WOW. I love them because they give us good deals and they are always helpful and always want to help with the prices. But their equipment is awful and they don’t have common sense. For about 2 months now we have been having problems with our internet and phones. Our internet cuts out at the worst times, often at 7:30 am, 7 pm or midnight. I was told to reset it whenever this would happen or unscrew the coaxial cable and screw it back in. That usually works but it’s extremely annoying. This usually happens 2 days a week. For 2 months it’s been going on and I’ve been having to do this and today it just happened and it’s 8 am. We called and they said our account was flagged because of the problems. I’m pretty mad at this point because awhile ago they said they think it’s an external problem maybe something to do with the wiring outside the house. But our account is flagged why would they not just send someone out? They are sending someone out tomorrow and hopefully it’s fixed. Another thing I asked about is if I can pick up a modem and hook it up myself cause I’m quite good with computers and internet and I have my wires setup a certain way that I like. They said I could not pickup a modem and that they need a technician to be sent out to do that for you. We live in a day an age where internet is something that everyone uses on an everyday basis and most people can probably setup the very simple box. But yet the companies don’t give you any info on what’s wrong, won’t let you setup anything on your own, and you always have to pay for someone to get sent out to fix a problem with their own stuff. I want to remain loyal to WOW but if this technician comes out and the problem exists when they leave I’ll need to drop them. I can only imagine the frustration of someone who doesn’t have patience or any idea how internet works has when something like this occurs.



No comments:

Post a Comment