Thursday, September 6, 2018

Am I just really good at breaking things or is it just a crazy coincidence?

OK so Im getting moderately peeved whenever I try and do anything involving making changes to my works network, because it seems like whenever I do something something else breaks.

Context: Im doing a rack / hardware swap to move to a deeper rack and put in a new Unifi Switch to replace a possibly damaged one. I put everything together and test it all and one of our PowerBeam bridges seems to have died. (IDK If I can post the link but if Im allowed to I can put the link to the full story on the ubnt forums)

Another example: My boss and I are moving to some new switches to implement proper gigabit at one of our buildings. Its supposed to be a 5 minute swap in the end. Took us like 3.5 hours to diagnose a bad SFP connector.

Its stuff like that where any time im working on a project something seems to break.

Is that just me? Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment