Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Those Network Admins / Managers of both networking and sysadmin jobs, need some help.

So I've always been a "network" guy meaning I work with the infrastructure: routers, switches, wireless, ISP's, disaster recovery and backup circuits and so on. I'm looking to move on to a new specialty and we are looking for someone to oversee both the networking side and the systems administration. I'm really struggling on what to call the position and really curious to how many out there really do both as part of their "networking" job. I've been over the top job sites and see some Networking Managers have Windows duties and lot's without just curious to what you guys consider the "Networking Manager" to be and what would be a good title for someone to be recognized for both fields.

Edit: Will manage a team of 4, my role was 50% technical, 50% paper pusher



No comments:

Post a Comment