Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Static routing on Cisco 3750X

Alright... I've got an easy one here I could answer if I had the lab environment to do so.

I have a Cisco WS-C3750X-48T-S running c3750e-universalk9-mz.122-53.SE2 with an ipbase license. Setting up a direct connect to a single interface will require me to set some static routes and an IP address on the interface for the direct connect. At the moment 'ip default-gateway' is configured and based on the documentation I'm finding I need to issue 'ip routing' to enable routing. Though as it is right now 'ip routing' is showing up in command completion as well as 'ip route ...' to create a static route. Then also found the command 'ip route static' in the CLI saying this will allow static routes.

Not finding the correct command reference in my searches and kind of at a loss with how to proceed and not break things. If this was local to me it would be a different story and I'd just do till it was working. Being remote and breaking could easily deny my access.

So... if there is any guidance someone can assist with to be sure I do this correctly would be greatly appreciated. If there is no way around breaking it I can arrange something with the remote hands at the colocation but would rather know this before diving in.

Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment