Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Static routing on Cisco 3750X

Alright... I've got an easy one here I could answer if I had the lab environment to do so.

​

I have a Cisco WS-C3750X-48T-S running c3750e-universalk9-mz.122-53.SE2 with an ipbase license. Setting up a direct connect to a single interface will require me to set some static routes and an IP address on the interface for the direct connect. At the moment 'ip default-gateway' is configured and based on the documentation I'm finding I need to issue 'ip routing' to enable routing. Though as it is right now 'ip routing' is showing up in command completion as well as 'ip route ...' to create a static route. Then also found the command 'ip route static' in the CLI saying this will allow static routes.

​

Not finding the correct command reference in my searches and kind of at a loss with how to proceed and not break things. If this was local to me it would be a different story and I'd just do till it was working. Being remote and breaking could easily deny my access.

​

So... if there is any guidance someone can assist with to be sure I do this correctly would be greatly appreciated. If there is no way around breaking it I can arrange something with the remote hands at the colocation but would rather know this before diving in.

​

Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment