Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Network Diagramming Software

All,

I get bored of making fiddly diagrams in Visio when I want to "Visualise a network". The company I work for doesn't own software such as Solarwinds Topology Mapper or the latter. So I decided for the past few nights to write my own system of mapping a network - wondered if I could get some input of peoples thoughts on this as I do like a bit of mild programming at night - it's a nice hobby.

Anyway; I'm not selling anything (however; feel free to use this should you want to) - I'm just after a positive bit of input to what people perceive "important" when drawing a topology diagram; what they want out of it most - what they find useful.

It's hosted on Free MS Azure - so when a few people jump on this; it might get on a go slow - and it's only 60 Minutes of compute per day so a lot of use may find the service suspended for 24hrs.

r/http://netmapperio.azurewebsites.net/

Feel free to either make an account or just use the username "testaccount" and the password "password" to take a look.

All input welcome.

Thanks

P.S; Yes this may seem "Noddy" but to put together a quick diagram to visualise an issue helps me a lot day-to-day.



No comments:

Post a Comment