Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Netflix and Amazon Prime Video think my org is a vpn?

I'm a network admin for a mid-sized public school system. We have about 6500 users natted behind 8 or so IPs. My users at our largest sites are getting blocked when they try to stream video from Netflix or Prime with error messages that basically say, stop using a vpn.

I'm assuming this is because of the number of connections coming from a single address. And there is some kind of automatic blocking on the streaming sites end. I did some quick google-fu and even chatted with a basic support rep at Amazon but I can't get anywhere.

Does anyone know how I would get these sites to unblock our IP block? Or how to reach out to an actual admin over there instead of a customer support rep?



No comments:

Post a Comment