Wednesday, September 19, 2018

confused NAT config on ASA

Hello network folks!

​

So I have this server here in the datacenter for example with private IP of 10.19.100.100 and I have a NAT statement on the ASA to SNAT this address for outbound connectivity and DNAT it for inbound connectivity. so 2-way NAT...or whatever you call it. I NAT 10.19.100.100 ---> 2.2.2.2 for the sake of the argument. I have put this NAT statement, then I went to "what is my IP" of this server to show the public IP of this server on google to see if this change has been reflected...it is not. I continue to see the same static public ISP IP address that is the IP address of the interface g0/0/2 on our Router that connects to the ISP which I guess is the default NAT since "overload" is configured on this interface. I'm not seeing the 2.2.2.2 translated address on "what is my IP". This might not be a misconfiguration but some big picture I'm not seeing here.. I would expect this to be reflected to show the now new 2.2.2.2 IP address. Here's another tricky part. When I do an nslookup on this hostname of this server on "server 8.8.8.8 (google public DNS)" I see the correct Ip address being used..

​

Does anyone know why this new NAT public IP is not reflected on the "what is my IP"?

​

Please lmk if this question is too vague and needs more detail.



No comments:

Post a Comment