Wednesday, September 19, 2018

confused NAT config on ASA

Hello network folks!

So I have this server here in the datacenter for example with private IP of 10.19.100.100 and I have a NAT statement on the ASA to SNAT this address for outbound connectivity and DNAT it for inbound connectivity. so 2-way NAT...or whatever you call it. I NAT 10.19.100.100 ---> 2.2.2.2 for the sake of the argument. I have put this NAT statement, then I went to "what is my IP" of this server to show the public IP of this server on google to see if this change has been reflected...it is not. I continue to see the same static public ISP IP address that is the IP address of the interface g0/0/2 on our Router that connects to the ISP which I guess is the default NAT since "overload" is configured on this interface. I'm not seeing the 2.2.2.2 translated address on "what is my IP". This might not be a misconfiguration but some big picture I'm not seeing here.. I would expect this to be reflected to show the now new 2.2.2.2 IP address. Here's another tricky part. When I do an nslookup on this hostname of this server on "server 8.8.8.8 (google public DNS)" I see the correct Ip address being used..

Does anyone know why this new NAT public IP is not reflected on the "what is my IP"?

Please lmk if this question is too vague and needs more detail.



No comments:

Post a Comment