Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Cisco [NX-OS] Port Number Names?

Is there anywhere a full list of all the port numbers that a Cisco device (Nexus switch in particular) will use in place of a numeric value in an access list?

For example if I configure the following ACL:

ip access-list TEST permit tcp any any eq 80 permit tcp any any eq 443 

When I look at the running config it is represented like this:

ip access-list TEST 10 permit tcp any any eq www 20 permit tcp any any eq 443 

The "80" has been replaced by WWW. I know it uses the official IANA port names (as defined at here,) however it doesn't use them all, for instance it doesn't replace '443' with 'HTTPS'.

I am automating our access-control lists using NX-API REST and it also returns the textual form of port numbers. To ensure consistency I have to convert the textual form back to numeric where appropriate, but I don't know where I can find a full list. I could of course create an ACL and try to add every single port number, but perhaps someone knows where a definitive list is available?



No comments:

Post a Comment