Thursday, August 16, 2018

Unable to delete files on shared network drives

Ever since I've introduced Active Directory to our network there has been some issues regarding specific files created on some of our network drives that state that the file is in use.

As a temporary fix I've had users contact me with files that need to be removed and I could force close the files on the server through computer management but obviously this is not a solution.

The file type that seems to be the problem is a .JT, a 3D model file.

The users will work on it, save the file, and close the program. View open files on the server it still shows the users has it open.

I want to be able to blame the program and file type but since this only started up since the introduction to Active Directory I'm wondering if there is any potential relation or if it's just pure coincidence.

What I've done is turned off thumbnails for network drives and applied the policies. The users have the correct permissions as they can manage other file types without issue and I can't delete the problem files unless I force close the files.

Is there any other policies that may potentially keep these files open in the program (Teamcenter Visualization Mockup11.3) that is caused by Active Directory or does anyone have knowledge of the program and file extension and know a solution to it?



No comments:

Post a Comment