Thursday, August 16, 2018

Best used switches to get some exposure

Hi Networking,

I pretty much only work with Cisco network equipment with the exception of some very old dell powerconnect switches. I'd like to check out HP/Juniper networking gear to see how the OS's work and just get a feel for them. I'm a homelab, I like to touch it kinda guy, so I started looking on Ebay for some used equipment I can play with. A lot of the stuff I came across seemed somewhat old. From the old Dell/HP equipment I've dealt with the CLI is very different from what I would get on a new switch so I want to make sure I get something that would have or could be upgraded to a somewhat current CLI.

Can someone help me out on some models that would meet that goal? Also not looking to spend a huge amount of money on this.

Thanks in advance.



No comments:

Post a Comment