Friday, August 3, 2018

Small Business Big Bank Clients

Operating Small Business: 23 employees, 30+- devices, sub-$5mm/yr gross sales, 10,000+ subcontractors nationwide.

Questions:

1) Should I outsource local network config and monitoring, and to who and what extant?

2) Which hardware/software solution is best for current network function/scalability? (Cisco NFGW comes to mind but I’m outa place)

3) Can I set up the network securely with phone support?

4) Should I upgrade all business PCs to Windows 10 Pro?

5) Does each PC need antivirus or only sensitive ones, or does a good firewall solution eliminate need for PC level antivirus?

6) How should I feel about remote employees using their own PC or should I provide company wide PCs? Should I know anything else about remote employee availability?

7) Probably 100 more questions... I’m open to outsourcing or consulting agreement if necessary. We use Office 365 apps across multiple devices.

Important To Know:

Project: local network security and performance optimization.

Proprietary cloud software: [PCS](CRM Adjacent): facilitates most business process management, hosted at AWS and managed by developer in India.

Local Network Summary: zyxel firewall (configured a couple years ago with 25% as many PCs)-powers 24 port Cisco switch-feeds cat 6 to 20 workstations-powers 20 intermedia desk phones-powers 20 PCs(Varying Windows versions 7-10 home)

We Mostly Serve: Medium-Large national financial services companies(multiple F500/100 companies). Some may audit for security.



No comments:

Post a Comment