Sunday, August 19, 2018

Need help connecting a mobile hotspot to a load balancing router

I’m trying to connect two separate isp’s to a load balancing router. One connection is xfinify home internet and one connection is sprint 4g lte mobile hotspot (zte warp connect). My issue is the mobile hotspot doesn’t have an Ethernet port to connect to the load balancing router. Can I use a usb to Ethernet adapter to hook them up? I’ve successfully tethered via usb with the mobile hotspot before, so theoretically it should work, right? Another idea I’ve thought of, in the event the adapter won’t work, is using a WiFi to Ethernet bridge and then connect the bridge to the router. Will either one of these solutions work? If not, is there any other way to connect the mobile hotspot to the load balancing router LAN? I believe I could always tether the hotspot to a pc and then connect them via Ethernet through the pc, however my only Ethernet port is already in use, and I’m not even sure if my pc is capable of handling two Ethernet connections simultaneously.



No comments:

Post a Comment