Friday, August 17, 2018

Mesh network question

Hi guys, quick question: is it possible for me to make any set of routers into a mesh network. I don't know if there are multiple meanings to a mesh network, but I am looking to join all of my routers into one SSID, where a device will be shifted to the router with the strongest connection automatically. I know ASUS has a feature called Aimesh for some of their routers (which is why I have a feeling it could be possible for all routers since it is software). The only requirement for this to work should be tri band routers. That is, one antenna for 5ghz, another for 2.4ghz, and another (5ghz i think) for communicating with the other routers with the SSID think I was talking about. I have three routers from three different companies, and all of them are tri band. Is this possible, and if so, any way that I can do it? Thanks!



No comments:

Post a Comment