Friday, August 17, 2018

Configuring Dell X1026P Switch

First off, I’m not a networking pro by trade. I have configured switches in the past, firewalls and done troubleshooting on networks. However, this is my first attempt at configuring a smart switch with multiple VLANS and for the life of me, I can’t get it.

I have a Dell X1026P and I basically need to split this thing into two switches. One VLAN for PCS with an uplink to a firewall, and another VLAN for VOIP with a different uplink over to a clarity device (firewall).

Is there a way that I can do this? When I try to add a second IPV4 addressing interface, it tells me hat I can’t do it in the current mode. This is a layer two switch, so I’m not sure if it’s possible.

Can someone help me out please?

TIA.



No comments:

Post a Comment