Saturday, August 4, 2018

Issue with Avaya IP agent: ringer settings through a PC speaker

To put it simply, it won't work. I think it has something to do with the laptop i'm using to work requires a docking station because the USB port for the headset is busted. If i have the "ring through internal PC speakers" box checked off it still rings through the headphones. This makes sense because When I plug the headset in to the docking station the default sound on my laptop becomes the headset.

Now heres the odd part... If I change the default sound settings back to the internal speakers and leave that box checked, it WILL ring through the speakers, however I am then no longer able to hear the customers through my headset, rather they come in through the PC speakers instead. Anyone familiar with this issue?

Further details: O/S: Windows 7 Professional

Laptop: Dell Lattitude

Docking Station: Also Dell, not sure the model



No comments:

Post a Comment