Saturday, August 4, 2018

Installing an Edgemarc 2900e for voip phones

So I am in a tough position.

We recently moved sites, and during the move a vendor configured our switches and an edgemarc 2900e and sent them to me to connect. FedEx failed to deliver them, and I had to get them from a distribution center.

I was supposed to have assistance from our MSP to install these, but the delay caused them to no longer be available. We open at our new site on Monday, and I have installed the switches - internet is up and running, but I have this edgemarc 2900e I dont know what to do with.

I'm not a networking guy, I can just plug it in, and as far as I know it is configured to plug in and work. I am not sure where in the flow of the network it should go.

We have comcast come into the IT closet, which goes into a Cisco ISR 1000, which goes out to a second ISR 1100 and then both the ISR's flow into the four switches we have.

I would assume the only place the edgemarc could go to catch all the traffic is between the comcast and the first ISR, but when I have comcast go into the edgemarc and the edgemarc out to the ISR nothing works.

The device I am referring to: http://www.startechtel.com/docs/EWN2900E1000015_Manual.pdf

Any help would really be appreciated. Thank you. I hope this post falls under Questions for enterprise, this is a small health care non-profit, our network isn't the biggest, but it isn't small either.



No comments:

Post a Comment