Saturday, August 4, 2018

Help plz, PC isn't connecting to the router!

Hello everyone,

This what happened, out of the blue, my PC stopped connecting to the internet (a wired connection directly to the router) and the ethernet icon on Windows 10 kept flickering between "red not connected sign" and "yellow connected but no internet one" over and over again and not connecting at all.

Now, I've tried a few things; starting with the router, I've tried three different routers "one ZTE and two TP-Link"; then with the internet wire, I've also changed the wire connecting my PC to the router; finishing off with the PC, I've installed a new version of Windows 10, Uninstalled then installed the ethernet drivers and tried the safe mode with networking. Nothing worked.

The interesting part is, I've an access point that when I switched it to the mode when It is connected with a wire to my PC and wirelessly to the router, my PC gets connected (thats when I knew that ethernet port on my MB is working, MB is ASUS M5a 97 r2.0) .

Any help please, I have failed so far to tackle this issue.

Cheers,



No comments:

Post a Comment