Saturday, July 14, 2018

What are you to do if somebody calls and says "I get bpdu from another client and his port turns off when your port is up"?

Hey guys,

I have a BGP peering with another provider and we connect with a private IP over an access port. Now, this guy provides us and others like us with a free streaming service. As far as I can tell, he's getting all service providers to peer with him and possibly turn it into an ix.

Regardless, he calls me the other day and says, if I turn your port on, another port gives bpdu received message and shuts down the port. I was told that I'm creating a loop OTA even though I have no direct peering with that other guy.

I listened, thought for a while and said I'll look into it. I did. There was nothing to look into.

Is there something to look into?

I thought it was like saying 8.8.8.8 went down when Uranus passed Urectum and somebody stuck gum under their table.



No comments:

Post a Comment