Saturday, July 14, 2018

Just a heads-up about shipping with Cisco Press

Maybe this subreddit isn't the place for this message, if so, please let me know ;)

I ordered my CCNP books on the website of Cisco Press. After half a day or so I got an e-mail saying my order was shipped. I live outside the US so it had to be international shipping. The e-mail said:

Shipment Tracking

The carrier tracking number for this order is:

XXXXXXXXXXXX

For the latest shipping status, you can call UPS at 1-800-742-5877, or
simply follow this link:

I tried entring the number into the tracking app on UPS, but this did not work. The Link they provided was just a link to the UPS tracking page and didn't help me at all. So, I called UPS 3 times (3 different phone numbers, My country, the number they provided and the international shipping number UPS gave me) and they all didn't know the number and redirected me to Cisco Press. I opened a case at Cisco Press, which they did not respond on... So I just waited for the package to arrive or get a 'you weren't home' card. When I got it, it wasn't UPS like they said, but it turned out to be FedEx.

TL;DR: When Cisco Press (or Informit) tells you the 'UPS' tracking number it isn't UPS. It is FedEx, as I found out.



No comments:

Post a Comment