Thursday, July 5, 2018

Very strange MAC address issue (possible foul play?)

Using my own Modem/Router Netgear C6300 with RCN. Worked for 8 months, today all connected devices say connected, no internet. Power cycled, factory resetted issue persisted, so I called support. One tech asked if I got a new modem recently, I said no. He asked me for my modems MAC which I provided.. then she read to me a MAC address on their end that's not my Modem or computer MAC address. If it was working fine and I didn't call how did it change ? After providing tech with correct MAC from the Netgear 192.168.0.1 and she still wasn't able to see the modem online. DS/US blinking , internet light is off. Modem is toast or issue on their end? Neighbor on the floor with RCN said his connection is fine.

P.S firmware is 2015 because RCN didn't issue an upgrade for it, but was working fine until this morning.



No comments:

Post a Comment