Wednesday, July 25, 2018

HTTPS issue while installing SQL server 16 on AWS Windows Server 16 instance

I have 3 servers that I am using for this particular task - one will host SQL Server 16 and the other 2 will host applications that query and store data on the db. To facilitate the traffic one of the requirements was to create self-signed ssl certificates. That was was completed but there is an error when trying to navigate to https://<server address> or r/https://localhost

So I know we have to fix the certs. My question is - would the bad certificates cause port 443 to be blocked?

I ran the following command from powershell:

Test-NetConnection <remote server ip> -port 443,80 

Port 80 connects fine but I get a failure on port 443.

I've completely turned off all firewalls, verified the security groups in AWS allow all traffic between the servers, and no network ACLs exist to prohibit traffic. These are routing between private subnets so the NAT instance IPTables should not be involved.



No comments:

Post a Comment