Friday, July 6, 2018

HPE 1950 Switch 3rd party SFP modules?

Hello,

I have a HP 1950-48G-2SFP+-2XGT-PoE+ switch and I need to an SFP module for my fiber uplink, however none of the ones that are listed on HP site are compatible with my needs.

For days I have been searching whether this switch accepts 3rd party SFP modules as well such as Cisco, etc.. and I have not found an answer. I even tried HP support, ended up getting up getting transferred and waiting for hours for a callback to no reply.

So, just wanted to ask if anybody here have experience or knowledge wheter a 3rd party SFP module will work or not ? As much as I've gathered SFP modules are generally universial, unless a particular switch only takes OEM ones, I cannot find anything online or from manuals about this

And as they are not very cheap it's a bit risky to buy it without knowing beforehand.

Thanks.



No comments:

Post a Comment