Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Cisco 2960-X Stacking Issue

I currently have 5 WS-C2960X-48LPD-L switches in a stack and have worked great without issue for nearly 3 years. I wanted to add another switch to the stack so I bought the same model. I upgraded my current stack to 15.2(6)E1 as well as the new switch. Once they were the same I added the new switch into the chain.

Everything seemed to go great as it auto-provisioned the switch and showed in the stack list as ready. I started to add ports to the new switch when I noticed that a number of devices were offline. If I went to a different computer (connected to a different switch) I could reach them, but couldn't access other points.

One that was really strange was I couldn't ping 192.168.1.21 from switch #1 (elected master) which .21 was connected to. PCs connected to switch #1 and other switches COULD talk to it (ping/ssh).

I disconnected the switch and deprovisioned it and everything returned to normal. It's been 24 hours and the original 5 is working normally. I'm at a loss to what could have caused this. I'm nervous to try attaching it again without having an idea of what caused the issue.

Any ideas?



No comments:

Post a Comment