Friday, July 20, 2018

2 ways into the network

Hello friends. Let's say I have 2 datacenters I want to connect together. These 2 datacenters currently have a way into eachother through our MPLS provider by a 1gig circuit at each datacenter. Lets say I want to connect up a 10gig metro-e circuit directly between the 2 datacenters as well now and do that through a couple of /30s with EIGRP(our IGP) to exchange routes between the 2. So now I'll have a 10gig metro-e circuit and an MPLS way to get back and forth between the 2 DCs.

As far as the BGP configs for our MPLS, we redistribute every route from EIGRP to BGP and vice versa. So any BGP learnt route like our branches will be advertised into EIGRP and every EIGRP learnt route for stuff in the datacenter will be advertised into BGP. The second I connect up that 10gig circuit, will this cause problems? I feel like having 2 ways into the network is a little scary..and since we redistrubite between our IGP and EGP so freely this might cause issues. I'm going to try to lab this on VIRL, but just wondering if anyone else has ever setup a config like this before?



No comments:

Post a Comment