Saturday, June 30, 2018

Why can't I VPN/RDP to this PC?

Hello,

Okay, so I only have a few months here at this new site. This cubical has like 3 computers and two users. One day, I was trying to setup a new intern on this unoccupied desktop and I couldn't sign in with my credentials. I figured that this PC had a bad network configuration and so I called someone that new the credentials to the local admin account.

The computer was in fact on a separate VLAN(.30) than everyone else(.10). However, we didn't know why since it shouldn't have been. We have all the PCs going to Cisco switches to a Cisco ASA. After simply turning the NIC off and on, it got on the right VLAN.

I don't have the credentials to the switch. This PC I am currently having issues with is in that cubical and in the wrong VLAN and we cannot RDP to it when we use the VPN. I can VPN, RDP to a different PC and RDP to that PC.

It's kind of strange, I don't see why I can't RDP to this PC. I can assume that it's a firewall issue but what configuration is doing this?



No comments:

Post a Comment