Saturday, June 30, 2018

Network Certifications

Hi all,

I'm a tier 3 linux admin by heart but I've been with the current company since it was 23 employees. Since then, we have grown to almost 200 in the past 1.5 years. I have been self-teaching the entire way through about implementing QoS (still having a hard time here), teaching myself how to setup VLANs, etc.

Right now (because of me) we have a lot of Ubiquiti edgerouters and edgeswitches across a few sites that I have linked to an OpenVPN server in "the cloud" (or the butt?).

I need to get some network certifications under my belt due to projected expansion.

My issue is that I could go for CCNA then CCNP, but these are Cisco certifications so I am unsure of how beneficial these would be in this situation as we do not currently use any Cisco gear.

What would be the CCNA and CCNP equivalent of non-Cisco gear? Should I do CCNA and CCNP, anyways?



No comments:

Post a Comment