Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Use sFlow and Graphite to monitor HP ProCurve switches

Has anyone here already experience in using sflow and graphite? I'm currently trying to implement the monitoring of several HP ProCurve switches into Graphite and Grafana. So far I've installed all the software necessary to collect and convert the sflow information into data for graphite:

host sFlow

sflowtool

sflow2graphite

I have also been able to fetch the data from one switch and display it in Grafana, but I haven't figured out, how to use sFlow data from different agents and display it in Grafana. If several agents are sending data to one or multiple host sFlow collectors, the data gets merged. Therefore it is not possible to select different switches when building a Grafana graph.

Since there is no information on that in the official sFlow documentation I am wondering if this is even possible with Graphite.



No comments:

Post a Comment