Tuesday, June 5, 2018

New Engineer, trying to make a name for himself. Wanting to learn ACI

Happy Tuesday!

I am a new Jr Network engineer on my team of 5 other Engineers and an architect.

I've been on this team for about 6 months now and have been looking around for what the team lacks and to where I can help out and make a name for myself on the team.

With that said, our company has decided to make the move to a COLO and will do so in the next 12-16 months. There's been some talk about ACI but none of the engineers know how to use it.

I'm thinking this could be my chance to step up and get a massive head start now by learning ACI, so that way when we move to the COLO and head towards ACI I can hopefully be the team lead for it.

Now my question is, has anyone had experience with ACI or has their company moved towards this?

What are some classes, books, training, etc. that I can get into now to learn some basics? What are some advanced courses?

I know ACI has been out now for a few years but it is still very new so I am not sure what training is out there yet.

Thank you all in advance for any input. I have had great success with this community in the past and am looking forward to the replies.



No comments:

Post a Comment