Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Static on phones after hardware upgrade

So one of my clients upgraded their MPLS from 100mb to 200mb, the only problem is that the device that the carrier was handing off to only had 10/100mb ports. So I remove the old 2800 router that was in place and moved the connection down to the core 6500 switch to take advantage of the new circuit speed. Everything went well the day of the cutover until monday morning. They called me saying that they are now getting static on the phone lines when making calls from office to office and office to the outside. I copied all of the QoS config bits from the old 2800 to the 6500 but that did not fix the issue. To add its on the branch offices that are having this issue not the main campus facility where I made the upgrade at. Any help on this issue would be awesome because I do not have any background in VoIP. I can also upload a diagram of the changes I made if that is needed.



No comments:

Post a Comment