Tuesday, June 12, 2018

I wrote a Python script to automate the actioning of those annoying, unstructured carrier maintenance notification emails

We get dozens of these a week, and previously each of them had to be read, checked against a database, and then have an Outlook event created manually. After doing this long enough I finally cracked the shits and automated it.

The work flow is fairly specific to my organization, but I'm sure with a little work it could be adapted for anyone. Similarly, if you get notifications from a carrier that is not included, please write a function that can extract the information required and submit a pull request.

Check it out on GitHub, and I welcome any feedback positive or negative.

https://github.com/OsirisS13/Carrier-Maintenance-Notification-Automation



No comments:

Post a Comment