Thursday, June 7, 2018

Pfsense VM 2.4.3-RELEASE Gateway Dropping Connection HELP

Guys got kind of a strange issue need some help with. I got a pfsense VM under ESXI. the ESXI host has 1Nic and 1USB NIC. I use the USB NIC as the WAN connection for the VM. For some reason 2-3 times a day, pfsense seems to drop the gateway. I've plugged a PC into the modem and it continues to work fine. However i have to reboot either the modem or the pfsense box to get PFsense to connect.

I've tried changing the duplex in, ESXI, and PFsense to default and manual same outcome.

The only thing i'm seeing in pfsense logs is "Dpinger WANDHCP x.x.x.x sendto error 65" I've disabled gateway monitoring and changed Data Payload to 10.

Any ideas troublshooting would help.. I've already swapped out the modem with a new one. Thinking it was a modem issue. Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment