Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Light weight, compact, 10G SFP switch

Hi all!

I hope this isn't breaking the rules. If so, apologies and please delete. I didn't want to throw this in homelab or homenetworking as I think 10gig/SFP is still unique enough in those situations that I wouldn't have received much input. So on to it.

I am looking for a small, lightweight, 10Gig/port capable switch. I am working with some Software Defined Radio systems that can move a massive amount of data, and would like an interface capable of handling this.

I've found the Netgear GS110MX-100NAS. It looks like a reasonably good solution for the price, but it will only allow me to connect one radio to my workstation, I'd prefer the ability to connect two. I'd also have to jump thought some hoops as my radios connect with fiber-SFP patch cables.

Does anyone have any thoughts on an alternative that isn't too heavy (<2lbs) and has relatively small overall external dimensions?



No comments:

Post a Comment