Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Cisco VLAN - no internet connection for guests via wlan access points

Maybe an easy to solve problem.. I have 2 Cisco WLAN access points connected to a Cisco switch and this switch is connected to a Cisco small business router on one of the 4 LAN ports. The router itself connects to the internet via its first Wan port. I have the 3 default vlan's 1, 25 and 100 but only want to use 1 and 25. I want to put the internal WLAN access into vlan 1 and the guest wlan into vlan 25. So I choose vlan 25 in the setup of the access points for the guest network. Now if I try to connect as a guest it gets an ip from the DHCP service on the router, says its connected and after some seconds "no internet connection".

I assume the packets that come back as answer from outside aren't routed correctly.. Is this more a problem with tagging the packets or by routing them different or do I need to setup some additional firewall rules?

Thanks in advance :)



No comments:

Post a Comment