Friday, May 4, 2018

System Buffer Fail - MIB 1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.46.0

Hey fam, relatively new NetEng here, I typically do ok but I have an issue that I need a little help with.
We are using AdRem NetCrunch as our NMS, and for awhile now I have been getting the following alerts on (3) of our Cisco 2960S's.:

(Warning) NetCrunch Alert - lsystem.bufferFail 0.01 different from expected threshold value

Alert
Received at: 5/3/2018 3:42:38 PM
From: L5 (192.168.xx)
MAC Address: xx

Node Information
Type: Switch - Cisco
(WS-C2960S-48FPD-L)

Info1:
Info2:

Event
Type: Event Trigger for SNMP Performance Counter
Severity: Warning
State: operational
Description: Buffer Allocation Failures is too high

Parameters
Snmp.Base: 0
Snmp.Counter: lsystem.bufferFail
Snmp.CounterPath: MIB&|1.3.6.1.4.1.9.2.1.46.0/sec
Snmp.Kind: Flat Value
Snmp.KindId: 5
Snmp.MonitoringTime: 5
Snmp.Samples: 1
Snmp.Status: raised
Snmp.Threshold: 0
Snmp.value: 0.01

So let me say I do have a 'general' understanding of what this means, I just don't know the best way to go about troubleshooting it.
I'm not asking for anyone to just tell me what the problem is of course, I'm trying to become a better NetEng, so if someone could steer me down the right path I would be forever grateful.

I didn't really know what information would be relevant here, but I can provide anything needed to get a better understanding.

What's suspicious is that this typically happens during off-peak hours, so I wouldn't even know why there would be buffer issues during low traffic periods.

Thanks in advance!



No comments:

Post a Comment