Thursday, May 31, 2018

PVST to Rapid-PVST Migration - Downtime

Hello,

I am a junior network engineer and I recently started a new job working in a data center environment with hundreds of VMs with applications at very high availability, I cannot allow to lose connection at any time of the day. Moreover, the system team works with Hyper-V and they told me if they lose the network for more than 20 seconds at a node, they lose all the VMs in that node. So I have to be careful at every change.

We have two Nexus 5000 running VPC and 6 Cisco 3750 connected to each Nexus (So logically there is no loop)

The Nexus are already running Rapid-PVST but the 3750 are running PVST. I want to migrate the 3750 to Rapid-PVST.

I don't know how much time the network will be down (or if it will be noticeable or not). My problem is with the 20 seconds limit fixed by the Hyper-V infrastructure.

How should I proceed ?

Did anyone encouter this case before ?



No comments:

Post a Comment