Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Help with automating a task

I asked for help before and got downvoted with zero comments. I read the rules before posting and looked at several other subreddit so I'm pretty sure this is the right place. Please don't just downvote me and ignore this, I will have no way of knowing what I did wrong, and will do it again for lack of feedback.

My company is migrating a customer's building controls from their system to ours. I need to go through several hundred objects with roughly but not exactly the same points and change them up to be able to be visible by our system. This involves a table for each object. The system is Niagara, and I'm trying to pull the tabular data from the system using Java, as that's what it's written in. While the data is tabular I haven't found anything in the documentation that explains how the data is stored or how I would go about converting it to a typical table format like excel. The API is called Baja and it is very large and written for developers, so the perspective does not explore what I'm trying to do in any depth. This is not like pulling xml data using python, the documentation is relatively limited and I have spent a long time trying to figure out which parts I need to use to edit these tables, or even interact with them. The documentation wasn't written with this in mind, and the discussions online don't cover solutions to this type of problem. I'm having trouble finding the circles where these people are, beyond techs doing the basic service call work. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment