Wednesday, May 2, 2018

100G + BGP Router/Switch

Hi guys. I got a new task at work. Company is planning an upgrade from 10G to 100G by the end of this year. They are getting some deal on wavelength to SIX (Seattle Internet Exchange). Plan is to get a 100G port at SIX and peer. There is not much information available about router/switch models and pricing. I am familiar with Brocade, Ubnt and Mikrotik only. I have only seen one article about Netflix using Arista 7280 and 7500 for the same situation. Does anyone have pricing information about these models? I tried looking them up on ebay and there is nothing. I want to gain some knowledge before talking to vendors. Please share your valuable experience about your 100g solution. Company Budget is $20k, its super low (I know... lol but boss is always right!!).



No comments:

Post a Comment