Saturday, May 5, 2018

Finding optimal VPS location to limit latency to specific endpoint behind cloudflare servers

So I don't know much about networking and am struggling to figure this out.

I'm trying to find the optimal location of a VPS to reduce the latency for my trades on the Bittrex crypto currency exchange. I've tried a basic traceroute which leads me to a cloudflare server so I'm kinda stuck here. I suspect that it would be possible to trying making a request from various locations and seeing how long they take/which cloudflare servers it's sent to and figure it out that way, however I don't have access to any other IP's to try it with.

Is there another way to do this or can someone help with this please?

Here is a sample request url from their API that returns a JSON ticker value. https://bittrex.com/api/v1.1/public/getticker?market=BTC-ETH

If anyone could provide some insight/help, I would be very grateful!

Note: I'm also interested in figuring out best locations for a VPS that will connect to other exchanges like Bitfinex, Binance, Poloniex, Bitstamp, etc.



No comments:

Post a Comment