Saturday, May 5, 2018

Dell MLAG - Some kind of loop?

I've been working on improving our network backbone. Currently the network is a bunch of Ubiquiti switches, with all traffic untagged vlan 1.

The first step of my expansion was to add what will be the new network core, a two-tier MLAG of Dell switches. However, simply attempting to connect this to the existing network switch is causing some kind of loop I can't figure out. The network has RSTP, and the Dell switches are running Rapid-PVST, but there is no spanning tree recalc, the network just grinds to a halt with storming traffic as soon as the new dell switches are connected.

Here is the current network topology; the switches were all configured essentially using Dell's recommended MLAG guide:

This configuration seems so simple, I'm baffled on why there is a problem already, but I feel like I must be missing something kind of obvious.



No comments:

Post a Comment