Saturday, April 14, 2018

Unifi APs won't work on Cisco trunk ports

I'm a mostly Cisco guy but for cost-saving measures with this client I'm using Ubiquiti APs. They work fine on access ports, but don't work on trunk ports. Can't access them, can't pass any traffic to them, they won't query the DHCP server, nothing. As soon as I flip the port back to a normal access port, they're fine.

Port config is:

interface GigabitEthernet1/0/19 description Access Points switchport access vlan 2 switchport trunk native vlan 2 switchport trunk allowed vlan 20,30,40 switchport mode access switchport nonegotiate spanning-tree portfast trunk 

VLAN 2 is my management VLAN, it works fine. VLANs 20, 30 & 40 will be VLANs for different SSIDs.

Switch is a brand new 2960-X, APs are UAP-AC-Pros.

I appreciate your input, because in my mind they should be perfectly happy on trunk ports and get their management DHCP leases from VLAN 2.

Show interface trunk



No comments:

Post a Comment