Sunday, April 15, 2018

Opening Ports for listening

Okay ! So im trying to open up ports and testing if i can listen thru them , problem is im at the office right now and i cant seem to make my laptops port open:

I accessed my pc at home via teamviewer , and opened up ports there (running 10 on my laptop, 7 on my Pc) via port listener sa PC i can ping my PC and port from my laptop .. But i cant from my PC going to my laptop .

Ive reseted my firewall policies (on my Laptop) to default (outbound and inbound) but still to no avail.

Im led to believe that :

  1. I have my laptop running on a tethered phone (ios iphone 6s , using smart)
  2. smart doesnt allow port listening on their network - hunch

im conflicted as team viewer relies on port listening too right?

Or are they using a different method?

  1. Unstable connection?!!!

Might be worth noting that i can ping myself using my laptop using the ip smart assigned and port on my laptop. Its prolly a duh moment but im kinda unsure na hahaha

Any inputs?



No comments:

Post a Comment