Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Issues with antenna

My Business network configuration is Modem->Router(Netgear WNR2020)->Switch(Linksys 16 port) ->Antenna(Ubiquity Omnidirectional Featured in Pictures).

Pictures At my small business, the antenna in question is about 7 years old and when i do a wifi speed test from one meter away, I get about 30mbps and get a really poor connectivity. A test from 15 meters away through a thin plastic sheet is unusuable (.1mbps through a thin plastic sheet). Connectivity is very intermittent and unreliable. I have changed out all of the wiring to the antenna and still have an issue. Should I just Replace the antenna or are there settings i can look into or other things i should check? I already posted in r/homenetworking but this is a more appropriate subreddit as it is a business network.

Thanks in advance.



No comments:

Post a Comment