Thursday, April 5, 2018

Hello with guest anchor Cisco 2504/5508

This is driving me mad, I've got a 2504 WLC to use as a guest anchor controller for public WiFi (I work in healthcare).

The mobility anchor is up with our foreign controller and the SSID is broadcast fine on all of the required APs.

DHCP is being handled by a 3rd parties device, this device is also the gateway out, doing the fancy stuff like limiting Bandwidth use and taking login credentials etc.

The switch has an svi on the same vlan as the gateway/DHCP device, the WLC has an interface on the same vlan with the correct IP and gateway for the vlan.

The gateway device can ping the WLC and the switch. The switch and ping the other two devices.

The WLC however can only ping the other two devices when I do so via CLI. If I do it from the GUI I can only ping it's own interface....huh?!?

I could live with this but devices aren't being issued an IP address. They are when directly connected to the switch. I think the two issues are related, but I can't figure out what's causing it.

Help!



No comments:

Post a Comment