Thursday, April 12, 2018

FortiAP Wireless Issues

I have been noticing some odd behavior with my Fortinet wireless network and some of my clients. I am wondering if its specific to my setup or a more common problem.

I have several laptops that refuse to connect to the wireless. They all say password incorrect when trying to connect. I initially though that the users were just typing in the password wrong, but its something that I have come across myself and can easily replicate.

Things I've noticed: 1. Even when the password is entered correctly, Windows refuses to connect. 2. These machines have no problem connecting to the guest SSID which has a similar configuration. 3. Windows logs are not great.

Here are some of the logs I picked up:

WLAN AutoConfig service failed to connect to a wireless network.

Network Adapter: Killer Wireless-n/a/ac 1435 Wireless Network Adapter Interface GUID: {c1dd714a-1244-4de3-8938-affb7d4e09b6} Connection Mode: Connection to a secure network without a profile Profile Name: NCVC-Mobile SSID: NCVC-Mobile BSS Type: Infrastructure Failure Reason:The operation was cancelled. RSSI: -67

Has anyone else experienced issues like this?



No comments:

Post a Comment