Thursday, April 19, 2018

Documentation Request - Application dependency firewall template

Hey /r/networking,

One of the most frustrating things in my job is working with other teams (Dev, DevOps, Systems, etc) and trying to pull firewall rules for how their new App works, especially during integration of recent smaller company acquisition.

I know there are paid software/client tools as well as physical appliances that do this... however what I'm looking for is just a documentation template or similar that I can hand to the other side of these projects and help walk them through the 'firewall conversations' that happen in their app flow like DNS lookups, outbound internet access, web tier (internet facing) to DB and to App tiers, DB to App tiers, etc.

I did a few differently worded google searches but didn't find anything useful, if it doesn't exist maybe I'll try to make something and post it for consumption.

Give me your thoughts, feedback and if any documentation templates exist post em!



No comments:

Post a Comment